After all Orro Switches have been added to your multiway group, the Orro App will prompt a multiway test to determine if the connected Orro switches have been wired correctly.
If the multiway test detects incorrect wiring, you will be notified with an “Incorrect wiring detected” error. Proceed through the steps below prior to resuming setup.
NOTE: During this test, your lights may flicker or flash.
STEP 1: Ensure Bulbs Are Installed
- In order to properly detect current, light bulbs must be installed in each lighting socket connected to the multiway circuit.
- Make sure all installed light bulbs are functional and screwed in completely.
STEP 2: Verify All Switches Are Powered On
- Walk to each Orro Switch being setup on this multiway circuit and verify that each Switch is powered on. If they are powered on, continue to the next step.
- If the display is NOT powered on, turn off the circuit breaker for the switches connected to this multiway circuit and correct the wiring for each switch that was not powered on. For wiring instructions, the Orro multiway Installation Manual can be found here.
STEP 3: Ensure All Multiway Switches Are Installed Correctly
- To complete multiway setup, all switches required for multiway setup must be installed.
- Review all wiring instructions in the multiway Installation Manual and check that your multiway wiring matches. Click here for a downloadable copy.
- Take care to verify that the Line and Load wires are connected in the correct locations.
- Check that all wires are firmly inserted into the switch and securely connected in each wire connector or wire nut.
Still Unable to Complete the Multiway Test?
If after verifying all wiring is correct, you are prompted with “Incorrect wiring detected”, please complete the following steps:
STEP 1: Restart Each Switch
- If each Switch displays “START”, continue on to the next step.
- Press and hold the bottom of each switch for 10 seconds until the system menu appears.
- Select “Restart”
STEP 2: Restart Orro Switch Setup
- Tap “Start” on each Switch
- Select “2+” Switches (multiway)
- Follow the instructions until you see “Continue Setup” on each Orro Switch.
- Select one Switch (referred to as the primary switch), to continue with setup as directed in the Orro App.
STEP 3: Restart Orro App Setup
- Make sure to exit any ongoing Switch setup that may be currently in progress in the app.
- From the home screen, tap “Add A Switch”
- Follow the instructions in the Orro App
- When instructed to triple click the Switch, ONLY complete this action on ONE Switch (the primary Switch).
- Continue to follow the instructions to connect your mobile device to the primary Orro Switch.
STEP 4: Factory Reset
- If the above steps do not resolve the issue, factory reset your switch and restart the setup process.
- Press and hold the bottom of the switch for 10 seconds until the system menu appears.
- Select “Factory Reset”
- Tap “YES” to confirm the factory reset
If you are having additional installation issues, please contact the number on the Welcome Card during our business hours or by email at email@example.com.
Support Team members are available during the following hours:
Weekdays (Mon - Fri): 7am – 7pm Pacific Time
Weekends (Sat & Sun) & Holidays: 10am – 6pm Pacific Time