The switch box can include one or more neutral wires. Please follow the instructions below on how to connect your neutral wire(s) to the Orro Switch.
I have a single neutral wire in my switch box:
- Some switch boxes have a single, uncapped neutral wire.
- This will work for your Switch installation. Make sure that you prepare the wire correctly. To do that, strip or trim the end of the wire so there is 0.6 inches of copper showing.
- If the wire is long enough, you can insert it directly into the back of the Orro Switch.
I have one or two neutral wires in my switch box:
- If you have up to two neutral wires, insert the wall wires into the 3-way wire connector provided in the Orro Switch packaging, and add the white extension wire, which is also provided in the Switch packaging, to the wire connector.
I have three or more neutral wires in my switch box:
- If you have three or more wires coming from your wall, please use the existing wire nut already in place in your switch box and add the white extension wire found in the Orro Switch packaging.
- Instructions on how to use the wire nut:
- Twist the wire nut counterclockwise to remove it.
- Add your extension wire into the bundle.
- Hold the ends of the wires parallel together.
- Screw on the wire nut clockwise until secure.
- Tug each wire to ensure that the wire nut is secure and no wires are able to easily pull out.
If you are having additional installation issues, please contact the number on the Welcome Card during our business hours or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support Team members are available during the following hours:
Weekdays (Mon - Fri): 7am – 7pm Pacific Time
Weekends (Sat & Sun) & Holidays: 10am – 6pm Pacific Time