If you are experiencing difficulty connecting to your home WiFi network, please review the following for tips and troubleshooting:
CHECK MOBILE DEVICE WiFi NETWORK
- Ensure that your mobile device has reconnected to the same WiFi network that you selected during switch setup or WiFi editing steps.
- If your mobile device is NOT connected to the correct WiFi network, please connect your device to the correct WiFi network and return to the Orro App. This can be done by going to Settings > WiFi on your mobile device and selecting the desired WiFi network.
- Your mobile device is only required to be on the same WiFi network as the Orro Switch during setup and while editing WiFi.
- Confirm that you are correctly entering your WiFi password. For security reasons, the Orro App will not tell you if the password is incorrect.
TURN OFF AUTO-JOIN
- To ensure you are auto-connecting to the desired WiFi network, please turn off the "Auto-Join" feature for any other available WiFi networks that you could accidentally connect to.
- This can be done by going to Settings > WiFi on your mobile device and clicking the "i" or info icon next to the available WiFi network. Slide the "Auto-Join" toggle to the off position.
VERIFY WiFi COMPATIBILITY
- Make sure your WiFi is functioning properly and you can reach the internet.
- Make sure your WiFi supports 2.4GHz. The Orro Switch requires this WiFi network standard to connect to the internet. Most WiFi routers less than 5 years old are able to provide 2.4Ghz. For more info on WiFi Requirements, please click here.
- If your router only has a 5Ghz output (most 5GHz systems are dual band and output both 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz), a separate router with a 2.4GHz band will have to be installed to work with the Orro Switch.
CONNECTED TO A VPN?
- Ensure your mobile device is not connected to a VPN. To check that your VPN is off, please follow this link.
- Please try to complete setup without any long delays between steps. Each step in the process can time out if too much time has passed between actions and will return you to the "Ready to Connect" display on the Switch and "Reconnect Switch" screen in the Orro App.
If you are still experiencing issues after verifying the above conditions are met, please review the general troubleshooting steps below to help you quickly proceed through completing setup.
If the Orro Switch isn’t responding, a step is not working as intended, or a process is taking longer than 1 minute to complete, please follow the directions below:
STEP 1: Exit and Reopen the Orro App
Exit the Orro App and wait 1 minute before reopening it. Retry the action or setup to check if the issue was resolved. If not, continue to Step 2.
STEP 2: Restart the Switch
Restart the Orro Switch by pressing and holding the bottom of the switch for 10 seconds until the System Menu appears and select “Restart”. Retry the action or setup to check if the issue was resolved. If not, continue to Step 3.
STEP 3: Factory Reset the Switch
If restarting the Switch does not solve your issue, you may need to factory reset your Switch. To do this, press and hold the bottom of the switch for 10 seconds until the System Menu appears. Select “Factory Reset” and then confirm “YES”.
NOTE: This action will wipe the switch of all data and settings and require you to complete setup again.
If you are having setup issues, please contact the number on the Welcome Card during our business hours or by email at email@example.com.
Support Team members are available during the following hours:
Weekdays (Mon - Fri): 7am – 7pm Pacific Time
Weekends (Sat & Sun) & Holidays: 10am – 6pm Pacific Time